Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Alyssa's Heart on Orphan Ministry

"Going to an orphanage in a foreign country, you never know what to expect. I had an amazing experience at the orphanages in Guatemala and in Haiti. When you are there with those kids it is like you are with God because they have nothing but their love for God . It was really hard for me to go to a place where they have nothing and come back to all of my riches at home. I could have just kept going on in life like nothing had happened but I refused to forget about the children who I developed a relationship with so quickly. For days after I had gotten back from Haiti I would cry because of how much I have and how little those kids had. These experiences also made me relize that if I had nothing but God, I would have the best relationship with Him."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Alyssa... you had me crying as you read! I'm so proud of you!