Friday, October 19, 2007

A letter from Albert when I asked how we can help

Dear Tiffany and friends.
I would like to share with you what we have been doing with the feeding center that we have been running for the last 3 years.
First off allow me tell you a little about myself and my family. My name is Albert Mendoza and my wife of 16 years is Karen. We have 4 children Daniel is 16, Seth 14, Caleb 12 and our daughter Rachel is 9. We lived in Loveland till Aug 2004 when we moved our family to Guatemala.
We came down to train the National Police (I worked for the Loveland Police Dept for over 10 years). Shortly after we arrived we were approached by a fellow missionary about taking over a feeding center that was feeding 25-30 kids who have been abandoned by their families or one of their parents have died. The children all have great attitudes even though they are some of the poorest kids I have ever seen.
We as a family support the feeding center 100%. We also pay for more than 6 of the children’s education.
The first 2 years we were able to give a small gift to all the children and last year I was able to get a few Guatemalan neighbors to help and buy gifts. So the children all received shoes, pair of jeans or slacks, shirt or blouse and a toy gift. For most of kids that was the only gifts they received.
We missionaries are funded 100% by churches, family and friends. Please pray about how you can help make this Christmas a special one for the kids.
I can share some pictures of last years Christmas Party if you like.
Blessings for you interest in young lives here in Guatemala.

The Mendoza Family
We are under a ministry out of Jacksonville, Fl named Calvary International so if you feel called to help with Christmas you may send your tax deductible donation to:
Calvary International
P.O. Box 10305
Jacksonville, FL 32247
PLEASE NOTE: in the memo of you check add M421 that way we will receive your donation.

No comments: