Tuesday, March 19, 2013

She didn't come back

Last night was hard. I woke up many times thinking about this lost 13 year old girl. I prayed for her and then would try to fall back to sleep not thinking of what should be. I woke up this morning really tired but feeling hopeful for her with all of you praying.

We arrived at the church/feeding center to finish our painting. I found myself looking at the clock every 30 min or so and noticing she hadn't come by yet. At one point I asked Emily what time she came yesterday and she told me around lunch time. I took a deep breath and thought oh good, we still have time.

Next thing I know we were serving lunch and she still hadn't come. We saw a lady there that was friends with her and we asked her where this girl was. She told us that she went to Zone 1 to try and get some money.

I have heard from many people that Zone 1 is one of the places where prostitution is really bad. I felt like I got hit by a truck. My eyes swelled with tears, I saw Emily who had loved this girl the last few days break down. I was sad, angry and hurt all at the same time.

Tonight as we all prayed for her I remembered the story of Katia from Haiti. When we all came to a point where we were mourning this little girls death, God had a bigger plan and 4 weeks later she was found and taken to the hospital to be healed. Today Katia is alive!

Though we are all hurting tonight, we know that God loves her more then us. He is hurting for her just like us. We will continue to pray for her. Thank you for joining us in that prayer.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Continuing to join you in prayer for a miracle in this young girls life.

cmwdalton said...

Tiffany, I will continue to pray for this little girl that God loves so much. And for all of you. You are making a difference so don't forget that!

smiles said...

All of you are in my prayers. We will continue to seek God's plan and know that he is still pursuing her minuite by miniute. What a blessing that you all have planted a seed and are her light. She may not see it know but it has been planted.