Saturday, November 24, 2012

Not just holding babies

Well, we got the baby home and are moving forward! A couple weeks ago we stepped foot into the future baby home for the first time. Since then we have been busy! With help of our Guatemalan friends, we have been cleaning and painting and cleaning and cutting down trees and cleaning and slowly purchasing things we need in the house, and working to get hot water (still don't have) and cleaning some more.

It has been a busy couple weeks but I have seen a transformation in this home and in only a couple weeks! It's amazing! I am amazed at how hard these people work and how many countless hours they have willingly put in. What a difference they have made.

One of the projects we did with a few of our friends that were here visiting us was to help carry blocks to the area where our new team house is being built. Just so you know, these block are heavy. These men that work here carry these around like it's no big deal. Me on the other hand, I thought I might die! I was sweating and hurting and had blisters all over my hands.

We had a good process going. Two of them would carry the blocks from the pile in the parking area to the edge of the yard then the rest of us would carry them from the edge of the yard to where they are building. This worked well for a while but then I started realizing that from where I was working, there was no end in sight! I couldn't see the pile of blocks so I had no idea how much progress we were making and when (if ever) we would be done. I needed to know so I offered to switch with someone on the other side. Surely this would be easier for me to know. As soon as I got to the other side, I was so discouraged. The pile we had left was SO big! :(

Isn't that how we are? We always want to see what's on the other side. We want to know the results or when it will end. I think sometimes God allows us to not see because that is what is better for us. I can think of many things that I wouldn't have done if I knew how hard it would be but then in the end, I was glad I did it.
   
So as we move forward with getting the baby home ready, 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we live by believing and not by seeing.". We trust His word, His plan and His way.

For those of you that think all we do is hold babies everyday, you now know that is not true. :)
I did manage to get some baby time in and met a sweet little baby boy that is a year old. He was recently taken to an orphanage because his mom tried to sell him to a man and the police found out about it. This sweet little boy stole my heart. His beautiful eye, with long lashes were full of tears and fear. They had taken him to a Dr and said he had worms and was malnourished. I know he will be ok because the lady that runs the orphanage is amazing and she will make sure he is cared for.
But I just don't get it and it continues to break my heart. 2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we live by believing and not by seeing.".

3 comments:

Kari said...

Thank you Sean and Tiffany for being obedient to God calling you to something you couldn't see. Your step of faith increases our faith as you share! Praying for you! :)

Unknown said...

You guys are amazing. We are so proud of you guys your muscles and hearts :). Love you!

Chad P. Shepherd said...

Woo-hoo! So exciting! Congratulations!